Thsi is my perfect taste of hummus. I don’t care who and when brought it to life. The most important fact is that it’s taste is brilliant! In this version cooked chickpeas composed with raw tahini, garlic, cumin, salt, coriander seeds, red chili pepper and roasteded sesame seeds oil, sprinkled with black sesame seeds.
Perfect on a sandwich, also as a snap. I just love it. It’s so easy to make especially when you have a jar of cooked chickpeas in your kitchen drawer. If not, you need to remember about soaking chickpeas very well. I usually soak them for 48 hour until I see it starts sprouting. Next I strain and rinse with clean water. Then it’s ready to be cooked or changed in falafels. Sometimes it happens I need to store it in the fridge for a while before I use it in the chosen recipe but don’t keep it stay there for more than two days because chickpeas may start to get dry because of loosing water. Here we go with very easy recipe for a perfect classic hummus!
- 450g cooked chickpeas (I like this brand)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 60g raw tahini (not roasted sesame seeds)
- 3 tsp sesame seed oil
- 1 flat tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander seeds
- 1/2 salt (iodine free)
- 1/3 tsp ground red chili pepper
- 1 tbsp black sesame seeds
- Put all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. If needed, scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl. Finally add black sesame seeds and stir.
- Tranfer to a jar and store in the fridge.
Enjoy Your meal!