If I was asked what my favorite greens are, I would say spinach without any hesitation! I am able to eat these green leaves in any form, raw, stewed, in salad, with pasta, basically I connect them with anything. I love it so much that my family is fed with it regularly. What is more, my family does not protest because they love the dish I created for them.
We are talking about pasta with spinach and tofu, which is not only delicious, but also a wholesome meal, rich in fiber!
My version of the spinach sauce retains a lot of nutritional value due to the fact that the spinach leaves are not cooked, but mixed with almond milk from the refrigerator. This lowers the temperature and preserves almost anything that could be damaged by the high heat during cooking. The served dish is not hot and you can eat it with taste. This method of preparation is also beneficial for people with rosacea, who should avoid too hot dishes.
The only thing I want to pay attention to is almond milk, which often has a really bad ingredients composition, and unnecessarily. Vemondo, which can sometimes be dug up in a Lidl fridge is perfect!
I prepare my dish in a thermomix because it is easier. If you do not own such a device, you have to squeeze the garlic through the press, chop the spinach before adding it to the pan, and after adding the almond milk – blend. You can sprinkle the dish with a little grated vegan “cheese” flavored with mature cheddar. This dish also tastes great with sun-dried tomatoes. You can add them to the sauce itself or decorate the dish like with cheese.
Ingredients (for the whole 4 people family):
- 6 garlic cloves (~20g-25g)
- 15g extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tofu cube(~180g)
- 400g almond milk (mine from LIDL – 3 ingredients VEMONDO)
- ~200g spinach leaves (I used baby spinach, washed, ready to eat – it’s faster)
- 20g nutritional yeast
- 1.5 flat tsp black Kala Namak salt
- 1/3 tsp ground black pepper
- ~70g Epic Mature Cheddar Flavour block (Vio Life)
- Cook the rice noodles according to the instructions on the package. Drain, transfer to a large glass bowl and set aside.
- Peel the garlic, put it in a thermomix, add 15g of olive oil and crush it. Use the spatula to remove the garlic from the sides of the mixing bowl and turn the full heat on for about 9 minutes to gently brown the garlic. You will surely feel this aromatic scent.
- After the garlic is roasted, add tofu cube and mix.
- Reduce the temperature to around 40 degrees, add the almond milk and warm it gently for a few minutes.
- Finally, add the spinach to the mixing bowl and mix at speed 6 for 30 seconds.
- Pour the sauce over the pasta and stir it well.
- Serve sprinkled with cheese or sun-dried tomatoes.
Enjoy your meal!
Do you like the post?
Like and follow my facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/vitaminove/). First click Like! and then set “display first” in follow options.
Also check out my Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/vitaminove_/)
Leave a comment!