According to the fact that spirit vinegar is very harmful for your intestine tract I avoided store ketchups. There came a day I noticed a nice recipe on cookidoo platform, modified it and prepared it in my Thermomix TM5. Since that day I don’t remember me sniffing around the shelves with ketchup!
- 45g fresh ginger
- 300g onion
- 15g garlic
- 150g freshly squeezed orange juice
- 115g coconut sugar
- 150g apple cider vinegar
- 200g water
- 25g gluten free soy sauce
- 450g tomato paste
- 1 tsp ground red pepper
- 1 heaped tsp iodine free salt
- 1/3 tsp ground black pepper
- Put ginger, onion and garlic in a high speed cooking blender and chop.
- Add orange juice, vinegar, sugar, water, soy sauce and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and spices. Continue cooking for next 10 minutes.
- Blend until smooth but be careful with hot content. Increase the speed gradually to not let it splash on you.
- Sterilize small jars and batch your ketchup!
Enjoy your meal!