Super quick vegan version of vegetables in cream like sauce.
- 1 big red onion
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1/2 sweet potato (coarsly grated)
- 25g olive oil
- 1 green courgette (coarsly grated)
- 150g cashews
- 350g filtered water
- 1 fresh date
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp salt (iodine free)
- 1/3 tsp ground black pepper
- 300g shell shaped rice pasta
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- Grate courgette and sweet potato coarsly to two separate bowls.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Heat slightly olive oil in a high frying pan and put into onion (half-slices), minced garlic and grated sweet potato.
- Stew until onion becomes translucent and sweet potato tenders. Aroma will be wonderful.
- Stop heating the pan.
- In a blender mix cashews with water, salt and ground pepper until smooth.
- Pour over the filling in the frying pan and stir.
- Serve sauce with pasta sprinkled with fresh thyme leaves and nutritional yeast flakes.