In my edition, boiled broad beans combined with tahini made of unroasted sesame seeds, garlic, ground cumin, salt, coriander seeds, a bit of sesame oil and olive oil, sprinkled with bright sesame seeds. Some people add lemon, but I don’t like this combination.
Perfect addition for a sandwich and as an appetizer. I love this taste of summer, rich in valuable and building plant protein. Contrary to appearances, the recipe is very easy to make. As always, I sprout everything, so I do with the broad beans. For me, it’s just soaking it overnight and I can get better digestion.
We are flying with the recipe for the perfect broad bean hummus!
- 500g fresh broad beans
- 3 garlic cloves
- 60g raw tahini (of unroasted sesame seeds)
- 3 tsp sesame seeds oil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 flat tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander seeds
- 1/2 tsp iodine free salt
- 1 tbsp bright sesame seeds
- Soak broad beans overnight to sprout it.
- On the next day, cook in a simmering basket in Thermomix in water with addition of salt. After 15 minutes take it out of the steam and put in a bowl with cold water for 5 minutes.
- Get rid of peels and use only green content from inside.
- Put all ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth. If needed scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl. In the end add bright sesame seeds and stir.
- Transfer your broad beans hummus to an airtight jar and store in the fridge.
Take a look also at classic hummus. Recipe here!
Do you like the post?
Like and follow my facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/vitaminove/). First click Like! and then set “display first” in follow options.
Also check out my Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/vitaminove_com/)
Leave a comment!
Please share with the button below!