This vegan tart is a satiating main course dish. Quite a big amount of fat in the dough including flax seeds , chia seeds and coconut oil. Dry in taste dough may be used with many flavors, salty, sour or sweet. Filling in classic hummus style gives a characteristic taste and dried tomatoes add some sour taste. The crispy outside and soft inside composition is very tasty at all, especially baked crust on the top.
- 50g chia seeds
- 50g flaxseeds
- 200g oat milk
- 50g extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 tsp (5g) Plantago Ovata husk
- 15g potato starch
- 50g millet flakes
- 50g corn flour
- 1 tsp iodine free salt
- 1 tsp herbal pepper
- 30g spring garlic (or 20g garlic cloves)
- 5g parsley
- 50g sesame seeds
- 200g cooked chickpeas ( I used a jar of EkoWital)
- 1 tsp ground coriander seeds
- 1/2 tsp whole cumin seeds
- 1 tsp iodine free salt
- 10g sesame seeds oil
- 200g potatoes in thin slices
- 3 tsp nutritional yeast
- 7 eggplant slices
- 7 dried tomatoes (in oil)
- 100g cooked chickpeas
- Preheat oven to 175°C with double heater mode and circulation ( I have BEKO BIM25400XPS – program 2).
- Make bottom dough. Put chia seeds, flaxseeds and millet flakes in a high speed blender and grind. Add oat milk, fiber, coconut oil, potato starch, corn flour, salt and herbal pepper. Knead a little bit oily dough. Place the dough on a silicone mat and roll out in a 35cm circle. It must be bigger than tart tin, you’ll fold it over the filling.
- Clean eggplant, cut off seven 5mm slices, put on a plate, sprinkle with salt and let sit for 15 minutes to get rid of bitterness. After this time rinse with water and set aside.
- Peel potatoes and slice thinly. Set aside.
- Prepare a ceramic tart tin 28cm diameter. Lift up the silicone mat, fold in bottom of the dough and roll it up. Transfer over the tart tin and line it evenly with the dough. Align the surface with fingers .
- Arrange potato slices as a first layer. Remaining potato slices mix with a filling.
- Easy make filling of vegan tart. Put garlic, parsley, sesame seeds, cooked chickpeas, coriander, cumin, salt and sesame seed oil , potatoes in a blender and mix until smooth. Spread over potatoes and sprinkle with nutritional yeast.
- On the top arrange eggplant slices, remaining 100g chickpeas, dried tomatoes and parsley leaves.
- Close the filling with a dough that sticks out folding it up.
- Bake for an hour, take out of the oven and let it cool. Serve warm or cold. It’s crispy delicious.
Enjoy your meal!
Do you like the post?
Like and follow my facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/vitaminove/). First click Like! and then set “display first” in follow options.
Also check out my Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/vitaminove_com/)
Leave a comment!