I have been craving real marble cake for a long period of time. I thought the problem was to obtain a cake dry enough. I baked once beetroot pound cake or mango & apple pound cake but it has never been so “sandy” and dry that crumbles a liitle. The most important fact is that I didn’t know it’s such easy and a main secret of a perfect pound cake is to add enough starch! I baked it on Saturday, today is Monday and I baked it again in a different version. I exchanged xylitol for sugar, corn flour for ground oats and tapioca starch for potato starch. I definetely say, the first version was great, so dry. For me erythrytol is a better choice because I don’t feel the bitter taste like with xylitol. The second one with oat flour was mowe wet.
Why not to make it in a zebra cake pattern? Take a look at the recipe!
- 50g golden flaxseeds
- 4cm dried or fresh lemon zest or 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g xylitol or erythritol
- 100g maple syrup
- 100g extra virgin coconut oil
- 200g oat milk+100g oat milk
- 100g millet flakes
- 100g corn flour
- 100g tapioca starch
- 40g cocoa
- 2 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda + 1tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Prepare a cake tin 19cm, lining it with baking paper.
- Preheat oven to 180°C with bottom and top heater mode without circulation.
- Make flour of millet flakes and set aside.
- Put flaxseeds and lemon zest in a high speed blender (I use TM5) and grind. Add coconut oil, maple syrup, xylitol and 200g plant milk. Set the temperature to 37°C and mix fo 5 minutes or until coconut oil melts. Next add millet flour, corn, flour, tapioca starch, baking powder and foam of soda and vinegar, Stir well.
- Weigh in to a seperate dish 450g of obtained batter and set aside.
- To the rest in a blender add 40g cocoa and 100g plant milk and mix well.
- Apply two tablespoons of dense batter light and dark alternately onto the middle of the cake tin. Start with black and first two tablespoons spread over the whole bottom of the tin.
- Put your tin in an oven and bake for about 60 minutes. Let it cool completely and serve.
Enjoy your meal!
Do you like the post?
Like and follow my facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/vitaminove/). First click Like! and then set “display first” in follow options.
Also check out my Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/vitaminove_com/)
Leave a comment!