I named this dough the perfect rice yeast dough because every other that I did before can not match the porous structure or compactness of this one. The dough makes a bouncy impression as if it was made of traditional wheat flour. In addition, it is so universal that you can form of it whatever your imagination allows.
By forming small plates you’ll get pita, long pieces of dough will grow into baguette or balls will be rolls. All this because of the combination of glutinous rice with fiber. Try these perfect rice pita, rolls or baguette!
Ingredients for rice pita rolls baguette:
- 30g yeast
- 500g filtered water
- 1 tbsp (15g) brown sugar (the best food for yeast)
- 2 tsp iodine free salt
- 20g extra virgin olive oil
- 30g freshly ground gold flaxseeds
- 25g Plantago ovata husk (fiber)
- 350g short grain rice
- 160g tapioca starch
- Grind flaxseeds and rice and set aside.
- Make a yeast solution. Put in a cooking blender yeast, water, olive oil and sugar. Set the temperature on 37ºC and turn mixing on with a small speed for about 10 minutes.
- When yeast start to bubble add ground rice, salt, starch, ground flaxseeds and husk and knead the dough.
- Let it sit in a mixing bowl for about an 1 hour.
- Take your dough out of the cooking blender ( I use TM5) and form shapes you like. I often make pitas.
- Arrange on a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake for 25 minutes in 175ºC with double heater mode and circulation.
- Let it cool and serve or freeze to use later.
Enjoy your meal!
Do you like the post?
Like and follow my facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/vitaminove/). First click Like! and then set “display first” in follow options.
Also check out my Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/vitaminove_com/)
Leave a comment!
Please share with the button below!