Sometimes I miss junk fook. Then I try to preare it myself at home in the healthiest possible way using good fat and whole grain flour . Today my proposition for “city food”. Gluten-free pita with avocado&mint dip, falafel and fresh vegetables. Apparently eating avocado with junk food neutralises it’s bad effect 🙂 So…have a tasty meal!
- 200 g ground sushi rice
- 150 g ground brown rice
- 60 g tapioca starch
- 100 g potato starch
- 3 heaped tsp dried apple peel
- 1 ½ tsp salt (iodine free)
- 500 g warm water
- 7g instant yeast
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 10g psyllium seed and husk
- 6g ground linseeds (flaxseeds)
- 250g dry chickpeas (soaked overnight in water with 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 fresh red chilli pepper
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 1 bunch of mint
- 1/2 tsp chlorella and spirulina
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander seeds
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 heaped tbsp extra virgin coconut oil for frying
- 1 ripe avocado
- 200g coconut vegangurt sugar free (or other plant based yoghurt)
- 30g lime juice (one lime)
- a few springs of fresh mint
- 1/2 bunch of coriander
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 tsp ground black pepper
- a few butterhead lettuce leaves
- a handful of rucola salad leaves
- a handful of baby spinach leaves
- 1 cucumber
- two sweet long red peppers
- 1 red onion
- sesame seeds for sprinkling on
- Prepare pita dough. finely grind rice and linseeds. Weigh starches. Dissolve the yeast in warm water with maple syrup and then apply the rest of ingredients. Viscous substance will be formed. Transfer it to a large bowl, cover with cling foil and leave until it has more than doubled in volume. Preheat oven to 190°C with circular and double heater mode.
- Rinse and drain chickpeas. Prepare falafel pulp mixing all ingredients until smooth.
- In a small steel saucepan (diameter about 15cm) preheat coconut oil.
- With wetted hands form little balls, flatten them into mini cutlets and put in on a heated oil. Fry in a deep fat until browned (crispy shell should be formed). Remove falafels onto a plate lined with paper towel and leave until drained.
- Two baking trays line with baking sheets and spoon the pits mixture forming circles about 15cm diameter and 1cm thick. Bake in a heated oven until browned both sides.
- Wash vegetables. Slice cucumber and pepper cut in “flowers”.
- Prepare avocado DIP blending all ingredients together untill smooth.
- Cut baked pitas off in 2/3 of the height along the longer side and cut them open inside. Fill in with vegetables and falafels pouring with prepared avocado sauce.