This recipe was created spontaneously. I had one 250g beetroot In the pantry and I had no idea what to do with it. Just came up to start my thermomix and oven and in 1hour I obtained a fantastic pound cake!
- 130g oat milk
- 200g coconut sugar (the cake was very sweet!)
- 1 tsp vanilla paste (optional)
- 8cm dried lemon zest*
- 50g BIO extra virgin coconut oil
- 50g freshly ground gold flaxseeds (linseeds)
- 250g peeled raw beetroot
- 50g ground millet flakes
- 50g ground brown rice
- 70g corn flour
- 100g potato starch
- 40g carob
- 3 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
+ some coconut oil to grease the pound cake pan and a tbsp of ground millet flakes to sprinkle.
- 50g caramel marzipan*
- 10g (max 20g) oat milk
- 7 chopped with knife almonds
- Prepare a pound cake pan. Grease it with coconut oil and sprinkle with ground millet flakes.
- Grind flaxseeds in a grinder and set aside.
- Grind flours in a high speed blender, transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 160°C with double heater mode without circulation.
- Put milk, sugar, vanilla, lemon zest and oil in a cooking blender. Set the temperature to 45°C and turn mixing on. When coconut oil meled and ingredients combined add groun flaxseeds and mix intensively.
- Add beetroot and blend until smooth.
- Add flours, starch, baking powder, soda and apple cider vinegar. Mix until combined and smooth.
- Transfer to a prepared pan and bake for about 45 minutes but no longer than 60 minutes. If you insert a wooden skewer or toothpick in the middle of the cake and remove, there should be a few moist crumbs attached, but not batter. Take out of the oven and let it cool.
- Prepare caramel marzipan. Take 50g and mix with oat milk. Pour or spread onto the top of the cake and put chopped almonds on.
Enjoy your meal!