I just love coconut milk. I love it to the moon and back and I could eat that all the time in every meal. Coonut milk gives such a creamy consistency. Orange juice and cardamon are a complement of this dish. Together with dates they give a mild lightly sour & sweet taste. Short cooked vegetables are not overcooked and nutritional yeast is sensed as a cheese flavor. Try this sauce once and you’ll never stop craving it!
- 70g onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 cardamon pods (black seeds only)
- 25g extra virgin coconut oil
- 400g coconut milk (I used Thai coco available here)
- 200g water
- 30g vegetable stock paste*
- 1 BIO orange (30g juice and zest of this orange)
- 2 dates
- 15g dried mun mushrooms
- 100g carrots
- 130g snap peas
- 100g yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 tsp iodine free salt
- 1/3 tsp ground black pepper
- 15g nutritional yeast
- 40g potato starch + 60g cold filtered water
- 150g soaked and cooked brown rice or cauliflower rice
*vegetable stock paste I usually make simmering vegetables with bay leaf and allspice on a small heat. 2 carrots, 2 parsnips, apiece of celery root, 10 champignons, 2 celery stalks, 1 big onion, 100g leek few garlic cloves and 1 tbsp powdered dried mushrooms. Finally i blend it with addition of 60g iodine free salt, 1/3 tsp ground black pepper and a bunch of parsley. I close a paste in small jars and store in the fridge.
If you don’t have vegetable stock paste you may use “homemade vegeta” ( 50g dried soup greens, 1 tbsp cooking salt, 1 tsp black peppercorns, 1 tbsp dried garlic, 1 tbsp dried sweet red pepper, 1/2 tsp curcuma)
- Cook mun mushrooms in a filtered water, drain and cut in 3mm stripes. Set aside.
- Peel and cut carrots in 5 mm slices and yellow pepper in 10mm x 50mm stripes.
- Clean orange with dishwashing liquid, rinse and pour with boiling water. Grate the zest finely and squeeze the juice.
- Put onion, garlic, cardamon seeds and coconut oil to a cooking blender (I use TM5) and chop. Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and water, vegetable stock paste, orange juice and zest, 2 dates. Cook in 98°C for 12 minutes.
- Mix potato starch with water in a small bowl and add to a cooking bowl. Cook for 1 minute mixing intensively.
- Add carrots, yellow pepper, snap peas, mun mushrooms, salt, black pepper and nutritional yeast and keep cooking for three minutes.
- Serve sauce with cooked brown rice, sprinkled with chives.
Enjoy your meal!
Do you like the post?
Like and follow my facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/vitaminove/). First click Like! and then set “display first” in follow options.
Also check out my Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/vitaminove_com/)
Leave a comment!