It’s beautiful Sunday! More time to rest and obviously more time to think about cravings. Yesterday me and my husband were picking blackcurrants. Most of them I pressed through the slow juicer and batched in jars. Some of them I set aside for the cake and here it is. My “wonderful creativity” brought me today to make this tart. For me, absolutely fantastic. Sweet, crisp, baked dough and sour carmelised blackcurrants with agar jelly. Take a look at the recipe for this gluten free and vegan tart with blackcurrants!
- 500g blackcurrants
- 100g coconut sugar
- about 100g thick sweet blackcurrant juice*
- 110g shreded coconut butter*
- a pinch of salt
- 130g dates
- 1 tsp ceylon cinnamon
- 200g oats
- 10g extra virgin coconut oil
- 200g filtered water
- 1/2 tsp agar
thick sweet blackcurrant juice* – when you heat blackcurrants with sugar, they release thick juice.
shreded coconut butter*- Fill high speed blender with shredded coconut. Start with high speed. When shreds start to condense on the sides of the mixing bowl then reduce the spin of the knife about a half. If necessary , scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl from time to time and repeat process until oily in time (spreadible).
- Clean fruits and cover with coconut sugar in a non-stick frying pan or pot. Turn small heat on and keep warm for a while to carmelise. When juice releases turn off the heat and drain. Set blackcurrants aside and juice use to prepare the bottom dough.
- Preheat oven to 160°C with double heater mode and circulation.
- Make shreded coconut butter in a high speed blender. If you find it a problem just grind them as finely as possible.
- Add salt, blackcurrant juice, dates, cinnamon, oats and coconut oil and mix until combined.
- Place obtained dough in a ceramic tart tin, press with palms firmly an evenly until flattened and the whole dish covered completely.
- Pierce the dough with a fork , put in an oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile bring to boil 200g filtered water with 1/2 tsp agar in a small pot. Cook for a while until agar activated. Let it cool a little.
- When dough baked, cover it with blackcurrants using silicone spatula and pour with agar jelly. When cooled, put in the fridge until jelly stiffens, then serve.
Enjoy your meal!
Do you like the post?
Like and follow my facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/vitaminove/). First click Like! and then set “display first” in follow options.
Also check out my Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/vitaminove_com/)
Leave a comment!
Please share with the button below!