Who doesn’t love pizza? I’ve always been a pizza lover and felt really dissappointed after giving up eating gluten, dairy and for some time also grains, even those gluten free. It’s been a long time, I think about four years until in my town nice people opened a nice shop and started selling this absolutely inventive thing! I mean vegan cheese, Violife brand mainly made of…attention please!…water, coconut oil, starch and beta-carotene! As producer says: “It melts great” and it definetely is! Now making pizza can not be easier, and in addition vegan, gluten free and paleo! Take a look at my recipe.
Pizza base (2 pieces):
- 125g potato starch
- 2 tsp (5g) Plantago ovata husk
- 20g olive oil
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp iodine free salt
- 1/3 tsp ground black pepper
- 1000g coocked and cooled potatoes
- 2 tbsp filtered water if potatoes are very mealy(optional)
- a tin of tomatoes, strain the juice and use only tomatoes ( I used my tomatoes I prepared to 0,5l jars)
- 2 garlic cloves
- a pinch of salt
- a pinch of pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
(anything you like, these below are must-have)
- 200g vegan cheese grated grated coarsly ( I used Violife – original flavour, I bought in @acerolabiomarket)
- 4 big champignons
- 1/2 onion
- 1/2 tin of corn
- other: beans, olives, peppers, fresh green leaves like rocola or spinach, etc.
- Cook potatoes and let it cool. Potatoes need to be very mealy, must contain much starch to be able to use thm on the same day. The best are refrigerted overnight.
- Prepare a 30cm pizza tray and grease it with a drop of olive oil.
- Preheat oven to 220°C with circular and double-heater mode.
- Put tomatoes, garlic cloves, salt, pepper and oregano in a blender and mix for a short while until smooth.
- Grate you vegan cheese coarsly.
- Knead the dough and divide in two parts. Each part put on a greased pizza tray and press with palms to form an even layer.
- Now you have to prebake your base. Put one tray at the bottom of oven, right on the bottom heater. The second one place on the rack over that first. Bake for ten miutes and change them with places. Continue baking for next ten minutes and change them places again.
- After 30 minutes take them out of the oven. Here is the moment you may decide what you want to do with tour pizza base 🙂 You may wrap it in foil and hide in the freezer to use it another day or let it cool a little and put your additives on.
- If you want just to eat this, put on ypur pizza base in order: tomato sauce, vegan cheese, sliced champignons, onion cut in thin half-slices and canned corn (or whatever else you wish). Sprinkle with a pinch of oregano and put again in oven for 10 minutes until crunchy at the bottom.
- Serve hot! It’s delicious! If you don’t consume everything don’t worry about crunchy bottom. Preheat dry frying pan, put pieces of pizza on and heat until crunchy again!
Enjoy your meal!