- 750g coocked millet grain (cook 250g dry millet grain in 650g filtered water)
- 125g shredded coconut butter*
- 25g shredded coconut
- 70g honey or maple syrup for vegan option
- 100g millet milk
- 60g raisins (soaked in 30g rose water + 10g rectified spirit or rum = 100g boiling water)
- 50g coconut oil
- 50g honey or maple syrup
- 30g cocoa powder
- shredded coconut (to sprinkle)
shredded coconut butter* – do it yourself very easy. Put shreded coconut in a high-speed blender and process untill smooth. Don’t overheat your butter. If temperature raises to much let it cool and try blending again few minutes later.
- Prepare a baking tin 19cm lining it with baking paper.
- Preheat oven to 160°C with circular and double-heater mode.
- Cook millet grain and let it cool.
- Pour raisins with boiling water with addition of rose water and alcohol. Let it soak for a while.
- Put cooked millet, coconut butter and sweetner in a high speed blender. Add plant milk and mix untill smooth.
- Transfer to a prepared tin. Drain the raisins, add to the tin and stir well.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Let it cool, meanwhile prepare a chocolate topping. Cool a little bit and pour on your cake starting near edges and finishing in the middle of the cake. When chocolate starts to get tougher sprinkle with shredded coconut.
Enjoy your meal!