I often crave oriental tastes. In the fact, yesterday I didn’t have enough power to prepare anything to eat for the next day. I woke up earlier in the morning and made this perfect potato curry. Intensive taste of cumin and curry spice is a complement of this dish containing potatoes and so creamy because of coconut milk content.
Ingredients (4 servings):
- 15g extra virgin coconut oil
- 100g onion
- 20g garlic (3 cloves)
- 400g sweet potatoes
- 300g potatoes
- 300g full fat coconut milk (I used thai coco, available in @biomarket_acerola)
- 200g filtered water
- 1 heaped tsp vegetable stock paste*
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 3 tsp curry spice
- 60g tomato paste
- 1/3 tsp ground black pepper
- a handful of fresh baby spinach leaves for each serving
- 300g rice (I used sushi rice)
*vegetable stock paste I usually make simmering vegetables with bay leaf and allspice on a small heat. 2 carrots, 2 parsnips, apiece of celery root, 10 champignons, 2 celery stalks, 1 big onion, 100g leek few garlic cloves and 1 tbsp powdered dried mushrooms. Finally i blend it with addition of 60g iodine free salt, 1/3 tsp ground black pepper and a bunch of parsley. I close a paste in small jars and store in the fridge.
If you don’t have vegetable stock paste you may use “homemade vegeta” ( 50g dried soup greens, 1 tbsp cooking salt, 1 tsp black peppercorns, 1 tbsp dried garlic, 1 tbsp dried sweet red pepper, 1/2 tsp curcuma)
- Cook rice according to package directions. (or put cauliflower into a food processor and chop to obtain “cauliflower rice”)
- Peel and dice potatoes, prepare onion and garlic.
- Put in a cooking blender coconut oil, quartered onions , garlic and chop. Set the temperature on 120°C and saute for 5 minutes with lid.
- Next add potatoes, coconut milk, vegetable stock paste, tomato paste, cumin seeds, pepper and curry spice and cook for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Prepare 4 bowls, put a handful of spinach in each, add rice and cooked sauce and serve.
Enjoy your meal!
Do you like the post?
Like and follow my facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/vitaminove/). First click Like! and then set “display first” in follow options.
Also check out my Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/vitaminove_com/)
Leave a comment!
Please share with the button below!