Potato dumplings are a dish that takes me two days to prepare it. First day in the evening I peel and cook potatoes and millet grain. I let it cool and put in a fridge to harden. Next morning I make dumplings filled with fruit. In winter I use frozen fruit but in summer season if possible I use fresh. They taste best with coconut sugar and cinnamon.
- 800g cooked potatoes
- 400g cooked millet grain
- 300g potato starch
- strawberries (frozen or fresh)
- few pinches of cinnamon and some coconut sugar (to sprinkle)
- Cook potatoes and millet grain the day before. Let it cool and close in a container with a lid in the fridge for all night long.
- Next day put in a high speed blender in parts (400g potatoes+100g potato starch) two times and collect in a large bowl. Add 400g millet grain, 100g potato starch and knead dough with hands on cleaned worktop. Form dough in 5cm diameter roller and cut with knife about 1,5cm wide slices.
- Set medium pot with filtered water on the hot-plate and bring to boil. Add a pinch of salt and some olive oil.
- Flatten slices with palm on worktop sprinkled with potato starch. Put the round on palm and fill it with two little or one big strawberry and close sticking the slice in a ball.
- Throw potato dumplings onto boiling water and cook for 4 minutes after they float the water surface.
- Pick potato dumpligs uot of the water, put them in a bowl and grease them with avocado oil.
- Serve hot with cinnamon and coconut sugar.
Enjoy your meal!