Children love crepes, especially those prepared sweet! Not to give them to much sugar I prepare fruit preserves myself during summer with just a little bit of sugar and starch – not to let it go off. I add 60g coconut sugar and 100g potato starch per 2kg of fruit.
- 150g ground buckwheat
- 200g ground millet flakes
- 110g potato starch
- 1 vanilin sugar (you may add vanilla paste instead or just skip )
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp (10g) natural apple cider vinegar
- 550ml plant milk (coconut milk is the best)
- 250ml water
- 60g coconut oil extra virgin
- filling – cherry in a thick gel or sugar free blackcurrant jam
- Grind buckwheat and millet flakes on flour in a high speed blender or in a grinder. Transfer to another dish and set aside.
- Place plant milk, water and coconut oil in a blender and break down the fat in an aqueous phase on quite high speed for over a dozen seconds.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix them to connect. Quite rare and bright liquid will form – batter. With this consistency you may obtain really thin crepes.
- Serve warm filled with fruit jam and lemon balm leaves, sprinkled with almond flakes.
Enjoy your meal!