Usually the worry is what to do with the vegetables after cooking the broth. I also had it while preparing christmas borsch and made a salad of them. Just diced vegetables, added fermented cucumbers, fresh apple, onion and parsley. Additionally fantastic cashew mayonnaise. Take a look at the recipe.
- 5 cooked carrots
- 2 cooked parsnips
- 1 cooked sweet potato
- 5 cooked potatoes
- 1 onion (approximately 100g)
- a big bunch of parsley
- 8 large fermented cucumbers (dill pickles)
- 2 big apples (approximately 200g each)
- a tin of sweet corn
- a tin of green peas
- 250g cashew mayonnaise
- salt and pepper to taste as desired
- Cook vegetable broth, just like in the recipe for the christmas borsch.
- When vegetables tender, take carrots, parsnips, sweet potato and potatoes out of the water and let it cool.
- Prepare mayonnaise putting all ingredients in a food processor and blending with high speed for a minute. (TM5 – speed 10). If you mustard does not contain coriander seed add a pinch.
- Prepare a very big bowl or a pot. Dice – cut into small cubes all vegetables and apples, chop parsley finely and put in that bowl. Add mayonnnaise and stir very gently with hands.
- Store in the fridge in a closed jar and serve cold. My salad endured for five days.
Enjoy your meal!
Do you like the post?
Like and follow my facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/vitaminove/). First click Like! and then set “display first” in follow options.
Also check out my Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/vitaminove_com/)
Leave a comment!
Please share with the button below!