Sometimes I go to my kitchen and have no idea what to cook. I like my TM5 very much. It gives me so many opportunities. Butters, flours, doughs, fast chopping, grinding. Everything at your fingertips. The best products are brought to life when I improvise. Put some ingedients in a high speed blender and voilà! Today I made a very orange cake! You would not be ashamed of it as a birthday cake.
- 45g flaxseeds + 120g boiling water
- 100g walnuts
- 50g extra virgin coconut oil
- 175g liquid honey (or maple syrup for vegan option )
- 200g corn flour
- 80g potato starch
- 100g oat milk
- 50g candied orange peel
- 3tsp (15g) glutenfree baking powder
- 1tsp baking soda + t tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 150g dry millet grain
- 1 whole peeled orange (mine was 180g)
- 100g shredded coconut butter*
1 additional orange, peeled, with no white piths, cut in small pieces to arrange on a cake.
- Prepare a baking tray 23cm x 23cm lining it with baking paper.
- Preheat oven to 160°C with circular and double-heater mode.
- Cook millet grain, strain and let it cool.
- Grind flaxseeds and pour in a small bowl with boiling water to obtain “egg”
- Put walnuts in a high speed blender and grind. Add coconut oil, honey and “egg” , set the temperature on 37°C and stir during heating for 3 minutes.
- Add corn flour, starch, oat milk , orange peel and baking powder. Mix well and meanwhile prepare in a seperate bowl foam of baking soda and apple cider vinegar and add to a mixing bowl. The batter should loosen a little bit.
- Bake for 30 minutes in 160°C and let it cool.
- Cut the cake with a bread knife into two parts horizontally to get two cakes. One of them place in your baking tray.
- Prepare cream blending coocked millet, shredded coconut butter and orange together until smooth.
- My advise is to moisten cake with orange juice using cotton swab before spreading the cream over. Spread half of the cream over your cake, cover with the second part of the cake and spread the rest of the orange cream over.
Enjoy your meal!
Do you like the post?
Like and follow my facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/vitaminove/). First click Like! and then set “display first” in follow options.
Also check out my Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/vitaminove_com/)
Leave a comment!
Please share with the button below!