I have to admit that I just love the taste of coconut! Bounty also was one of my favourite sweet bars. When I gave up eating gluten, dairy and sugar I was to get rid of even a thought of eating something like this. Few days ago, sniffing around my kitchen I came up to my thermomix and once again starting putting ingredients inside. As a result I obtained my favourite bars – BOUNTY – but in a much healthier version. No refned sugar or glucose syrup, trans fat, no skim milk, no emulsifiers and made only of three ingredients. If you wish you may coat bars with dark chocolate. Maybe one day I’ll prepare such a recipe because this time I didn’t manage to because bars disappeard immediately!
- 100g shredded coconut butter*
- 80g raw honey (or maple syrup fo vegan option)
- 150g coconut cream* ( I used Thai Coco milk, available in @biomarket_acerola)
- t tsp vanilla extract (optional) – I’m allergic to vanilla
- 200g shredded coconut
shreded coconut butter*- Fill high speed blender with shredded coconut. Start with high speed. When shreds start to condense on the sides of the mixing bowl then reduce the spin of the knife about a half. If necessary , scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl from time to time and repeat process until oily in time (spreadible).
coconut cream* – it’s a dense solid phase of very well refrigerated full fat coconut milk. Water separates from the fatty coconut in a tin. Decant the water not disturbing the sediment.
- Refrigerate coconut milk overnight and use the cream.
- Make shredded coconut butter in a high speed blender*.
- Add the rest of ingredients and mix well.
- Using hands form small balls or cuboids and arrange on a large plate.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours, best whole night, then serve.
- Coat with dark chocolate if you wish.
Enjoy your meal!
Do you like the post?
Like and follow my facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/vitaminove/). First click Like! and then set “display first” in follow options.
Also check out my Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/vitaminove_com/)
Leave a comment!
Please share with the button below!