Although frying is not healthy and may increase the inflammation in your body mainly because of transformation of unsaturated fatty acids into their trans forms, sometimes you need something like this. Just try only to choose the best of oils as possible.
In my opinion extra virgin coconut oil is the best both eaten cold and for frying. In contrast to fats that people usually eat – long chain triglicerydes, coconut oil is that one with medium-chain triglicerydes. MCT doesn’t require any enzymes that digest fats or gall bladder bile. It’s molecules are smaller and are digested quicker and easier. In addition are a perfect energy source, speed up metbolism and adipose tissue reduction.
Remember! Never Fry on oils or greases with high unsaturated fatty acids content! Every good quality cold pressed (less than about 60°C) oil full of unsaturated fats (Omega-3, Omega-6, Omega-9) should be hidden in a dark bottle to prevent oxidation. Dark bottle tells you are able to add it to your salad at most. If you want to fry on a liquid oil choose refined like rice but never convince yourself it’s a good choice.
Vegan cutlets may also be a perfect snack during the day at work. Try not to eat such stodgy foods in the evening.
- 250g white beans (1 tin drained)
- 400g coocked millet (about 150g dry)
- a handful of chopped kale
- 1 big garlic clove
- 1 tsp iodine free salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander seeds
- 1/2 tsp chlorella
- 40g ground millet flakes + 20g extra for coating
- some oil for frying (coconut)
- Prepare millet flour of millet flakes.
- Place beans and garlic in a blender and mix until smooth. Add kale and chop. Transfer to a bowl and clean the mixing bowl.
- Add millet, spices and prepared millet flour to a bowl with beans and kale. Knead the dough with spoon or hands.
- Form 4cm diameter balls and flatten with palm into cutlets. Fry both sides on a medium heat until browned. Remove fried cutlets from oil and drain of oil excess with a paper kitchen tower. Serve with fresh raw vegetables.
Enjoy your meal!