Super food! Coconut bars with no added oil. All right, let’s get some grub!
- 150g shredded coconut butter*
- 50g shredded coconut
- 150g blanched almond flakes
- 50g sunflower seeds
- 150g dried dates (I used Ener Bio)
- 200g fresh dates (very soft)
- 1/2 tsp ceylon cinnamon
shreded coconut butter*- Fill high speed blender with shredded coconut. Start with high speed. When shreds start to condense on the sides of the mixing bowl then reduce the spin of the knife about a half. If necessary , scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl from time to time and repeat process until oily in time (spreadible).
- Prepare shredded coconut butter in a high speed blender ( I use Thermomix TM5 and make it with instructions above).
- Add remaining ingredients and mix until combined into an adhesive elastic mass.
- Roll the dough on a flat surface and cut 8cm x 4cm rectangles with a knife.
- Serve bars immediately and if there is something left store in the fridge.
Enjoy your meal!