When it gets colder outside, people want something very warming. It may occur that gluten free, vegan and low fat version of carrot cake with cardamon would be a perfect fit! The cake is a little bit loose but not dry! Very easy recipe below.
- 7 cardamon seeds
- 60g walnuts
- 40g gold linseeds (flaxseeds)
- 180g maple syrup
- 170g millet milk
- 400g carrots
- 150g buckwheat
- 100g gluten free oat flakes
- 30g starch
- 25g (3 tsp) gluten free baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 4 cardamon seeds
- 80g freshly squeezed orange juice
- 20g millet milk
- 160g dried aprocots ( sulphur free)
- 60g walnuts butter
- Prepare a baking tray 23cm x 23cm lining it with baking paper.
- Preheat oven to 160°C with circular and double-heater mode.
- Make flour of buckwheat and oat flakes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Put cardamon, walnuts and flaxseeds in a high speed cooking blender and grind.
- Add maple syrup and plant milk and, set the temperature on 45°C and stir during heating for 5 minutes.
- Next add raw carrots and blend. Add flours, starch and baking powder. Mix well and meanwhile prepare in a seperate bowl foam of baking soda and apple cider vinegar and add to a mixing bowl. The batter should loosen a little bit.
- Bake for 45 minutes in 160°C and let it cool.
- Prepare topping blending all ingredients together until smooth but previously grind cardamon seeds. Spread over the cake with silicone spatula and put in a refrigerator to let it thicken.
Enjoy your meal!