Who doesn’t like bird’s milk in Poland? I love this kind of sweets but those in shops are full of glucose syrup that is harmful for pancreas, other chemiclas and ingredinets I don’t eat anymore. Today a receipe for homemade one with bottom that tastes similar to nutella.
- 50g cocoa beans
- 65g hazelnuts
- 50g cashews (buttered)
- 50g extra virgin coconut oil
- 10g cocoa powder
- 140g dates
Bird’s milk layer:
- 400g full fat coconut milk ( I used 1 tin 65% coconut+35% water)
- 400g oat milk
- 30g rose water
- 50g maple syrup
- 1 tsp ground dried beetrot (optional for rose colour)
- 10g agar – 2 heaped tsp (plant based gelling agent derived from algae)
- Prepare a a cake tin 18cm diameter. Line it with a baking paper.
- Make cashew butter and transfer to another dish. Instructions here.
- Palce all “bottom” ingredients excluding dates in a blender and mix on high speed to obtain as small parts as possible. Add dates and mix once again but not too long. Clean the mixing bowl.
- Press down firmly and evenly obtained dark little bit oily and grainy mixture in a prepared baking dish with palms.
- Place milks, agar, rose water, maple syrup and dried beetroot in a cooking blender. If you have a cooking blender you may set 110°C temperature during mixing for 15 minutes to activate agar. If not transfer bird’s milk layer to a pot and bring to the boil. Reduce the temperature and keep heating for 15 minutes stirring all the time. Let it cool a little bit.
- Cover bottom layer with bird’s milk layer with activated agar. When cooled put into the fridge for few hours. Serve cooled.
Enjoy your meal!