Gluten free crispy waffles are something I craved the most and I wasn’t succeed so many times making them, it’s hard to count. I used oats glutinousness that act a role of an egg and millet flakes granulation that adds crispisness to waffles after baking. Thanks to coconut oil batter gets thicker after staying in the fridge. This fact prevents leaking batter and making dirt.
- 220g gluten free oats
- 180g millet flakes
- 40g potato starch
- 300g coconut milk (i used real thai 85% coconut exyracy-after whole night in yhr fridge I found no coconut cream)
- 200g oat milk
- 500g water
- 60g coconut oil extra virgin
- 2 flat tsp gluten free baking powder
- fresh kiwi fruit and cherries in thick gel*
*cherries in thick gel – I add 60g coconut sugar and 100g potato starch per 2kg of fruit
- Place flakes in a high speed blender and grind on a flour.
- Add potato starch, milks, water, coconut oil and baking powder. Mix untill smooth.
- Transfer to another dish and put in a refrigerator to let batter thicken. It should be very thick and sticky.
- Preheat waffle maker, spread a small amount of coconut oil with a brush. Take some dough with ladle, one ladle for one waffle and spread with a tablespoon. Bake until crispy shell forms and let it cool on a wire wrack over worksurface.
- Serve warm with powdered coconut sugar or with homemade cherries in a thick gel and fresh kiwi fruit.
Enjoy your meal!