It often happens I cook in a hurry! The fastest option to eat anything warm is a soup. In my kitchen usually cream-soup because I set it in thermomix(such a cooking blender) for several minutes. At this time I’m able to do something else and at the end of cooking just blend cooked vegetables and batch in twist-off jars. It brings me opportunity to cook for few days to stock because this kind of preserving protects food against deterioration. When emergency situation occurs it’s comfortable to draw such a soup from the fridge and take it work with. It’s worth to add some fresh greens leaves, sprouts, parsley and any plant protein source: canned beans, coocked chickpeas or lentils.
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 25g coconut oil extra virgin
- 2 beetroots (about 7cm diameter)
- 2 potatoes (about 7 cm diameter)
- 2 tsp vegetable stock paste*
- 1/2 tsp iodine free salt
- 1/3 tsp black pepper
- 1 l filtered water
- parsley to garnish
- 1 can black kidney
- cashew cream*
*Vegetable stock paste usually make simmering on a small heat vegetables with bay leaf and allspice. 2 carrots, 2 parsnips, apiece of celery root, 10 champignons, 2 celery stalks, 1 big onion, 100g leek few garlic cloves and 1 tbsp powdered dried mushrooms. Finally i blend it with addition of 60g iodine free salt, 1/3 tsp ground black pepper and a bunch of parsley. I close a paste in small jars and store in the fridge.
If you don’t have vegetable stock paste you may use “homemade vegeta” ( 50g dried soup greens, 1 tbsp cooking salt, 1 tsp black peppercorns, 1 tbsp dried garlic, 1 tbsp dried sweet red pepper, 1/2 tsp curcuma)
*cashew cream – 100g cashews + 80g filtered water +juice of 1/2 lemon + 1 fresh date + 1 garlic clove (optional). First grind the nuts, later add the rest of ingredients and mix untill smooth.
- Put an onion, garlic and coconut oil in a cooking blender. Chop for few second on middle speed and scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl. Set simmering for 3 minutes without measuring cup.
- Chop potatoes and beetroots with knife into small parts and add to simmering onion and garlic, continue heating for a ahile. Add vegetable stock paste.
- Chop again all ingredients, add 1l filtered water and cook for 15 minutes.
- At the end add salt, black pepper and mix untill smooth. Scale up the speed gradually not to let the soup spurt.
- Serve hot garnished with parsley and cashew cream.